Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Christmas Pixies.


Over at Oodles And Oodles the blogger bought some Christmas pixies & I just just wanted to show off mine. I bought them at Goodwill & they were still sealed in their original box. I haven't taken them out. I can't remember how much they cost, either.

I do have some sad news. I was at Value Village earlier today, I also saw this earlier this week, but they have one of my favourite items I have ever come across thrifting - the heart chair. Everything except for the back of the chair is there, but I know heart chairs & this was one of them. I checked everywhere for that backing, but alas, it wasn't there. A part of me wants to buy the rest of the chair & fix it up.. but I know that will never happen.

6 comments:

  1. Great find! I love these. I have a collection of various ones. My favorite is only a few inches high. I also have one that looks like an old man. I want to find a girl with braids next. I've never heard of a heart chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old man one would be cool! If you're interested in checking out the heart chair, I have blogged about one I already have here: http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.com/search/label/heart%20chair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Elves...it really brings back memories from my childhood, as we always brought these little guys out during Christmas. Now you've got my wondering if my parents still have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope they do!

    BTW, Steel Magnolias, a great movie! I just discovered it a couple months ago. Bought it on VHS.. think I blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I just sold one of these on Etsy a few days ago. I just love the "made in Japan" dolls. Found one today that looks like Pippi Longstocking.

    ReplyDelete